Membership at GCC
If you would like to become a member at GCC, we require the following:
Complete the "Next Steps" process.
Read and agree with our Statement of Faith
Agree to the Membership Commitment.
Fill out the Membership Application.
Although membership is not required to serve at GCC, you will be able to vote on the yearly budget and serve as and vote for officers of the Missions, Deaconess, Deacons, and Elder boards.
Get to know us better.
Our Statement of Faith at GCC
1. We believe the sixty-six books of the Bible to be the only inspired, authoritative Word of God, inerrant in the original manuscripts. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
2. We believe that there is one God, the Creator, eternally existent in three Persons–Father, Son and Holy Spirit–each having the same essence and attributes. (2 Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 28:19)
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man in indivisible union. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His substitutionary atonement through His shed blood, His death and bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His future bodily return in power and glory. (John 1:1,14; Philippians 2:6-8; 1 Timothy 3:16; Revelation 19:11-16; I Corinthians 15:1-8)
4. We believe the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, regenerates, indwells, baptizes and seals all believers at the moment of their salvation, filling them as they yield to Him with the goal of conforming them to the image of Christ. (Titus 3:5; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 12:13; Ephesians 1:13, 5:18)
5. We believe salvation is a gift of God received through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone and His sacrifice for sin. We believe that a person is justified by grace through faith apart from works and that all true believers have eternal life. Saving faith includes repentance, which is a change of mind about sin and the need for Jesus as Savior. (Ephesians 2:8-9; John 3:16; I John 5:10-13; Mark 1:15)
6. We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is the Head. (Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 1:22-23, 2:19-22)
7. We believe that water baptism and *Communion are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation. (Acts 8:12; 1 Corinthians 11:23-28)
8. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, of the believer to everlasting glory in heaven with God and the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment in hell apart from God. (2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 22:3-5, 20:15; Daniel 12:2)
*Communion is open to all who have trusted Christ as Savior whether members of Grace or not and is observed on the first Sunday of each month.
I submit myself to the care and the authority of the biblically qualified elders that God has placed over GCC. In joining with GCC, and walking in dependence upon the Holy Spirit, I will strive to do the following:
Proclaim Jesus and Pursue Maturity in Him.
I will pursue a pattern of progressive transformation into the image of Jesus, understanding that spiritual growth is my personal responsibility.
John 15:1-17 | 2 Peter 1:3-11 | Ephesians 4:14-15
I will see God-given potential in others and use my gifts, experiences, and resources to participate in their spiritual development.
1 Corinthians 11:1 | 1 Thessalonians 5:11-15 | 2 Timothy 2:1-7
Advance the Gospel
I will leverage my opportunities to live and proclaim salvation by grace through faith in Christ for the forgiveness of sins.
Matthew 28:18-20 |Romans 10:13-15 | 1 Peter 3:13-17
Connect in Worship
I will unite with the church body, offering my whole self as an act of submission and commitment to the glory of God.
Romans 12:1 | 1 Corinthians 12:21-27 |Hebrew 10:19-25, 13:15-17
Engage in Service
I will maintain a servant’s heart as I regularly contribute to the body of Christ in spiritual and practical ways.
Matthew 20:26b-28 | Romans 12:3-8 | 1 Corinthians 12:4-7