The Facilities Manager is responsible for maintaining the church building and grounds. The Facilities Manager will perform tasks related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, safety, custodial and event support. This position requires a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and project coordination. The Facilities Manager must be able to collaborate with the church staff, Board of Deacons, and congregation. The applicant must have a servant attitude for God's church and the people who attend. This is a full-time salaried position.
- Promote a team attitude and provide leadership for the facilities team.
- Manage, perform and/or oversee the maintenance of the church building, including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial, and facility security.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Maintain accurate records on all maintenance repairs and activities.
- Oversee and provide, as necessary, custodial needs and set-up of rooms for activities in the church complex.
- Provide event coordination ensuring proper scheduling of set up and take down for meetings, events, worship, weddings, funerals, and otherwise as directed.
- Keep buildings safe by ensuring fire and building codes are met.
- Work with staff to report problems, provide solutions and associated costs with a weekly status update.
- Supervise church custodial staff.
- Assist church volunteers with maintenance services such as cleaning, painting, and landscaping.
- Hire and supervise contractors and vendors as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with all contractors and vendors ensuring efficient facility operations.
- Manage building and grounds budget.
- Responsible for ensuring facility security systems such as doors, locks, keys, control access, and codes are operable and available.
- Provide and coordinate snow removal as necessary.
- Manage lawn maintenance and landscaping.
- Serve as primary contact for facility emergencies which may require evening and weekend work.
- A servant attitude for God's church and the people who attend.
- Knowledge in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and light construction
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift up 50 pounds